Monday, November 02, 2015

3 Products I Couldn't Live Without in High School


I was going through an old makeup case the other day and came across a bunch of things that I used all the time in high school. My taste and style has changed quite a bit since then, but it was fun to reminisce!

These are products that I bought multiples of and that I used quite a bit. The first is the Wet 'n' Wild MegaBrilliance Lip Gloss. I only have three left from then but I remember having a lot more! They're basically a gloss with a bunch of glitter in them. I wasn't into lipstick at all in high school and these seemed a good alternative, especially since I loved (and still love) all things shiny! They smell really good too.


The next this in the Yves Rocher Liquid Pearl Eyeshadow. The colours I have here are Daring Plum and Bronzed Green, and I used to have a gold one too but I used it all up! My mom ordered from Yves Rocher so I was always getting this and that to try. These are good bases for powder eyeshadow and they have super strong pigment on their own as well. The sponge applicator gets a bit streaky but you can fill that in and get a smooth coat of colour pretty easily.  (I would actually use these again if I could.)

And the last is the Annabelle Kohl Eyeliners. I was so obsessed with these! I basically thought the blue ones as the perfect blues and wore them with blue eyeshadow a lot.

As you can see I was much more colour oriented back then and focused only really on my eyes (and even then I had no idea how helpful mascara could be!). I'm trying to get back to that a little because I feel like I'm stuck in the neutrals rut!

What were your favourite products when you were younger? Do you still love them now? Let me know!


Swatches just for fun!
Bottom 2: Yves Rocher Liquid Pearl Eyeshadow
Middle 3: Wet 'n' Wild MegaBrilliance Lip Gloss
Top 3: Annabelle Kohl Eyeliners

No comments:

Post a Comment