Friday, September 25, 2015

Annabelle Volume Lip Plumping Gloss

I got two of these in a sales bin a few weeks back. I saw the colour and couldn't resist! I've really been liking the bright corals and neon oranges this summer. I got 840 Metro Mango and 845 So Sanguine.



Although these swatch beautifully, they just weren't what I was expecting as a lip colour. They're hard to apply because you have to squeeze the bottle as you're applying it. The texture is quite sticky and it bothers me almost as soon as I apply it. And the worst part is that my base lip colour doesn't work with the gloss colour.



I tried making my lips closer to my skin tone with concealer (Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, reviewed here), which actually did a really good job of making the colour better and the texture not quite as sticky. It is still hard to apply though. I use a brush, which also helps get the colour even across the lip. Quite a process for a gloss!

Swatches of Annabelle Volume Lip Plumping Gloss
Top: 845 So Sanguine 
Bottom: 840 Metro Mango


No comments:

Post a Comment