Friday, September 18, 2015

Products Post: Rimmel Foundation and Concealer




I use my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation every day and I like it a lot. I have mixed type skin and it just seems to go on nicely everywhere. It's good on its own but a lot of the time I find my self mixing in a bit of my Rimmel Clean Finish Matte foundation to give it a bit more coverage. I use about a 2:1 ratio of WMU to CFM.


I find it hard to use the Clean Finish Matte on its own. Even with primer my pores show up under it and it's just a bit too much on the cakey side. As you can see in the pictures, it's hard to blend in nicely. Again, mixing a bit of this in with the Wake Me Up is perfect!

I have the WMU in 103 True Ivory and the CFM in 240 Soft Beige.



Sometimes I'll use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer (in 230 Very fair/light) over top to cover spots. I find this concealer's real strength is in being an under eye concealer instead of a spot concealer. It takes me quite a few coats to cover major spots, though minor ones are just fine. It blends really nicely, and of course it works better if I leave a dab of it on the spot before I blend it in.


Swatches left to right: Wake Me Up foundation,
Clean Finish Matte foundation, Wake Me Up Concealer


Swatches blended into skin


No comments:

Post a Comment