Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Products Post: Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen



So.. my first impression of this was pretty bad. But keep with me here!

I'd been looking for a liquid eyeliner in pen form because I find then pens easier to use, and somehow ended up with this. The first time I used it- great! It went on black and dried quickly. I think I wasn't using it with any other make up the first time either.

The next time I used it, it wouldn't go on worth anything. The colour just wouldn't flow through the end of the pen no matter what I tried! So I stored it upside down and left it alone for a while.

One day when I was just home for a minute and had to freshen up my makeup, I grabbed it to see if it could quickly fix my eyeliner and it worked just fine!


Since then I've discovered that it's perfect for fixing up hours old makeup, or for using on days off when I just want to put on lipstick and a bit of eyeliner to give my skin a rest. But it doesn't work for my normal routine on top of fresh primer and shadow- it seems to just dry up the pen. And like I said, storing it upside down helps too! It's never gotten quite as black as the first time, but it still gives okay lines and a thin point, which works for what I use it for!

Swatches showing different lines drawn with
the Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen in 01 Blackest Black


No comments:

Post a Comment