Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Mall Haul: Warm Drinks and Makeup edition


So I went to the mall to poke around and pick up some things, and I thought I would share what found it's way into my bag!

First off, I got distracted by the DAVIDsTEA display entitled "Steepy Hollow". I love Halloween so much and I love seeing all the different tea sets David's Tea put out through the year. The Book of Spells sampler box caught my eye immediately. And of course all of the teas have cute name plays (Forever Guts, Strawberry Boo-Barb Parfait, Banana Nut Dead, Chocolate Macadoom, The Spice is Fright, and Pumpkin Die). Unfortunately there's enough in there that I am "eh" about that I didn't get it, but I did pick up a packet of just the Chocolate Macadoom. I love that most of the featured teas in the box set had their tin on the tea wall done in a cute Halloween cover (which is black with eyes coming out of the dark).

I also picked up some Caramel Rooibos tea, which I feel is a must have for the fall season. It's just so earthy, and has the right mix of sweetness with the caramel! And I needed some new filters. So those got thrown in as well. (I have a metal strainer ball, but I just don't like the idea of having that in my tea as much as the paper filters. Not sure why.)


Then I went to Starbucks. I only went to get a present for my mother, which is the Starbucks' Pike Place instant coffee, because she likes it on the go. I can't wait until they come out with the instant Peppermint Mocha packets! I love having those after a long, cold day. Total de-stressor.

And I was good and resisted getting a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino while I was there! It was hard though. I did give in and get a Chocolate Caramel Pretzel. Starbucks was definitely ahead of the salted caramel trend when they came out with those. They've always been a weakness!

I picked up some more Carnation hot chocolate at the grocer's because I'm full throttle into the hot chocolate time of year. They were out of the tins but the packets were on sale, so I got a variety.

Next I went to Dollarama to get a new shower liner (random, I know), and I somehow ended up with a bunch of eyelashes. Someone had told me a while ago that Dollarama had stated selling eyelashes and while I was there I finally noticed and bought some of the Mariposa (which is Dollarama's makeup brand) false eyelashes. I got two of the more dramatic sets to try out.


I also browsed their Halloween section, and came across their feathered lashes that they come out with every Halloween. I've never actually tried them though, which is surprising considering my love of lashes. So I got a couple of pairs of those to try as well. (As an after thought in line I picked up a pack of those chocolate eyeballs with liquid caramel chocolate filling that only come out at Halloween. You may notice I have a slight addiction to chocolate and caramel...)

Last but not least I visited Shopper's Drug Mart! I went in with a list of things I've been looking for and I got almost everything. I was looking for a liquid matte red lipstick and I ended up with Stila's stay all day liquid lipstick. I also happened to pick up one of the new Le Matte lip colours by L'Oréal Paris. I'm loving all the matte lipsticks right now.



I also needed some red lip liner, so I thought I'd try something by Quo. I thought it was cool that it had the brush on the end. I was looking for brushes too, so besides that one I got the Lise Watier Perfecting Foundation Brush.

I find Shopper's kind of lacking for brushes so I'm obviously going to have to expand my horizons. Although Shopper's does have more of an Urban Decay display now, and their brushes look pretty good. I passed on buying a double ended one today though because I eventually want to own some of the pallets, which include at least one end of the brush I was looking at. (If I got any of the first three Naked palettes and the Naked Smokey pallet, I'd have both ends.)

And I got another eyeliner because I seems to never have enough. This is the intense eyeliner pen by GOSH.

I'll share more of my thoughts and experiences with these products when I test and review them!




No comments:

Post a Comment