Thursday, October 08, 2015

NYC Smooch Proof 16h Lip Stain

I picked this up in a bargain bin awhile back and I'm really glad I did even though this probably means the colour or product is discontinued. 

It has a bit if transparency to it, but the colour is still rich and you can build it up to a small extent (better the more time it has to dry between coats). I do find it dries the lips a little, but I guess that's to be expected since it is a stain. I love the colour and effect it gives my lips (kind of a bitten look?).



It lasts quite a while- not the amount claimed on the package, but full colour lasts 2-3 hours and a faded stain lasts about 6 hours. I tried using it as a base for lipstick, and although it's great for blocking out colour and lessening the patchy effect of worn out lipstick, the stain doesn't last as long this way.



By itself it is smooch proof, at least I assume so because it doesn't leave any residue on my mugs or spoons! And it's basically water proof  (and therefore lick proof). It's quite hard to remove with just water actually and requires something a bit stronger if you want it off before it wears off.

One last perk is that I just love the smell. It kind of reminds me of wine and berries.

Swatch of NYC Smooch Proof 16H Lip Stain in 498 Berry Long Time




No comments:

Post a Comment