Friday, October 23, 2015

Revlon PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer

This was given to me with enough left to try for a little while, so by no means have I used as much as the pictures suggest!

It's on the liquid side of creamy, and has the typical primer side effect of feeling dry after the application. There's a faint rose scent to it, but nothing bothersome.


It claims to be colour correcting and looks slightly tinted. I don't notice any difference to my skin tone when I put it on. If I had a really even skin tone I'm sure it would be all I needed, but I don't.


What I'm looking for in a primer is to keep my foundation in place and to fill in my pores. This is about average as a foundation primer. It sticks around through most of the workday, but not quite til the end.

Swatch of Revlon PhotoReady Color Correcting Primer in 002

It does surprisingly well under a heavy foundation. One of the tests of a good primer for me is to see how visible my pores are after application of primer and the Rimmel Lasting Finish, and although this doesn't completely cover them, it does a better job than most.

This product isn't for me, but I would recommend it to someone who doesn't need a lot of coverage and who uses a light foundation. Has anyone found this works well for them? What are your favourite colour correcting primers?



No comments:

Post a Comment