Thursday, October 15, 2015

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal


I'm really liking this right now! I wasn't sure what to expect since my recent experience with the Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer. But I was pleasantly surprised!

I decided to try 003 brown because I've really been liking the neutral browns and golds on my eyes recently. However this colour label is misleading because it's definitely more of a copper-bronze!  Which I thought was cool, but others might not be up for the surprise.


One of the faults I've found with it is that it's not easy to sharpen the first time round- like it won't go around easily. And after that it will sharpen but not evenly, and the tip has a tendency to break after it's freshly sharpened. It also likes to leave little clumps of product when you apply it to the skin if you go too fast. It's nice to have a soft eyeliner because if it's too hard it doesn't even transfer to the face. But it seems like this one is just a little too soft, which makes not only sharpening and applying a bit hard, but also getting a clean line and a sharp point (for say a cat eye).

I've mostly been using it to tightline my eyes though, and it goes on smoothly there. It stays for a good 4 hours before it wears off. Actually it doesn't really wear off so much as migrate down to my under eye, where I find a constellation of brown and gold flecks at the end of the day!

Swatch of Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in 003 brown. Clean (L) and smudged (R)

When using it on my eyelid, it stays put for about the same about of time, longer if I use a good primer. I do tend to set all my eyeliner on my lids with powder because it's rare I find one that doesn't make its way up into my crease before the day has really begun. When I smudged it out it didn't really go well. It will smudge but not without some force, and the brown and gold tend to separate- the brown stays and the gold moves. So it's basically just good for solid lines!

Despite all the little flaws with this product, I bought it to be a brown colour in my waterline and that's exactly what it is (with a little extra shimmer). It's not hard for me to work around the little things, and it basically reflects the price of the product (I got mine for $5 CAD). 




No comments:

Post a Comment