Sunday, October 04, 2015

Maybelline Superstay Better Skin foundation

I picked this up the other day because it seemed to be getting some good reviews. And I thought it was basically going to be a Maybelline version of the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation (even the packaging looks strangely similar). It ended up giving me some pleasant surprises though.



The main thing is that I just love how this foundation applies! It goes on super smooth and blends in almost at once. And it makes my skin feel smooth too, which is cool. It has a light/medium coverage that is definitely buildable.

It has more of a matte finish to it and it's wear time is quite good. It usually lasts me throughout my workday (6 or 7 hours) before it starts coming off on the oily areas of my face.

Swatch of Maybelline Superstay Better Skin foundation in Nude Beige
Swatch blended in to skin


 If I were to compare it to the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation, I would say that this goes on smoother and blends in much easier. On the other hand, the Maybelline is more matte and doesn't give the same shine or glow as the Rimmel foundation does (which I like about the Rimmel). Wear time is also better, and there's definitely more colour options with the Maybelline Superstay. Not quite sure if I'll be switching over though!





No comments:

Post a Comment