Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Revlon Colorburst Lip Balms - Matte and Lacquer


I am absolutely loving these right now. More so the coral matte colour, but they're both wonderful.
They are technically a balm, so even though they have the colour intensity of a lipstick, they do hydrate.

And they smell so good! This is one of the things that will always make me love a product more. I was pleasantly surprised to find they smell and taste faintly of sweet peppermint (this may be a turnoff for some).


As I mentioned the colour payoff is really good. I'm basically wearing them as a lipstick. The matte I found to be really long lasting - like eight hours long lasting. And it stays just as long even if I put a lipstick on top, which is great. It's so nice to have a matte colour that doesn't dry out my lips!

The lacquer colour was a little disappointing after that. It's supposed to be super shiny, and if you swatch it on your hand, it will leave sparkles long after the colour is gone.  On the lips it wears like you've layered lipstick and gloss (without the stickiness), which is a nice effect. Unfortunately I found I had to reapply it 2-3 times in and eight hour period. So not nearly as long lasting as its sibling.

The packaging is nice, and you get quite a bit in one package. The silver base twists to push up the product. I find I can apply it without the use of a lip brush, but I'm a little concerned if this will last when the sharp tip disappears. We'll see!


Swatches of Revlon Colourburst Lip Balm
in 245 Audacious (L) and 115 Whimsical (R)

No comments:

Post a Comment